This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Traditional Medicine

I have previously mentioned how Joseph will be able to receive medicine here that is not available in China. A family in China now is finding out for themselves just how different treatments really are in China. http://www.thestoryofyou.net/SamuelandBenjamin4.html

Their son had an accident and fell off the rollaway bed breaking his arm. The traditional chinese medicine at the hospital is wooden splints soaked in "smelly stuff" wrapped with gauze. No cast. No pain medicine either. The mom has been instructed not to feed him anything cold, spicy, fried or give him any calcium since those things will keep his arm from healing. Especially she is to keep his belly button covered so cold doesn't get in. I am for real. Please let us get Jewel and Joseph home soon. This is the kind of medicine I would expect on a deserted island not a hospital in a huge city. Perhaps believing it will work is enough but as a US citizen I am used to much different and would have very little faith in the "smelly stuff" healing his bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.