This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Eight Weeks Left

number 8 by Leo Reynolds
number 8, a photo by Leo Reynolds on Flickr.






Eight Weeks left to get ready. To be a family of six. To double the number of children in our family. To pack, plan, move stuff, order money, did I say plan the trip? Let's not forget that part. 


Anyone here think I can just sit back and let our agency tell me where to go, where to stay, what to do and how much to pay? You must not know me if you think that is even a possibility. I have decided on our hotel for Nanchang and Guangzhou. Still researching hotels and activities in Beijing we want to experience. Went to my doctor today for refills on those all important emergency medicines. We met with a new pediatrician and she is going to write prescriptions and OTC dosages for the kids when we get the most up to date weights. As you saw on the last post our Chinese visas have been added to our passports. Tuesday our Article 5 will be dropped off at the US Embassy and will be picked up in exactly two weeks. 9/13. Then we will be waiting on ONE LAST PIECE OF PAPERWORK!!! Because of the  first week of October holiday there will be a slight travel delay after we have our TA. 


I plan on trying to do some shopping with the proceeds from our yard sale this weekend. Baby diapers, OTC medicines like baby Tylenol/Motrin and other travel needs of the same like. We were lucky to get a crib from a customer that is exactly like I wanted. So crib sheets, changing pads, a couple of bottles. Basically a small amount of everything you need for a baby since we won't know her likes and size that accurately. Will Jewel still take a bottle? Sippy cups are not commonly used in China. The children are taught to drink from a glass right away. Glass, not plastic. Her SWI might bring her with formula or maybe not. We might not be able to get to the store in Nanchang for a day and will need supplies for her for that amount of time. Joseph should be much easier. Swimsuits in case it is warm enough in Guangzhou. Most toys we can buy in Guangzhou. Clothes for him we will have to pack. I've heard the shops on "Adoption Island" have clothes but only for baby girls. I'm planning on taking a sewing kit to adjust clothes that are too big while we are there in case we guess wrong. We hope to have one more update right before travel on sizes and weights but I've heard the updates are not always accurate. Suitcases are ready to be filled as soon as we start gathering the items. Going in the fall will present some challenge with regards to cold/cool/warm weather all in the same trip. Don't forget 44# per person in our checked bag. The bags weigh around 8# empty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.