E has been immersing himself in learning EVERYTHING about the adoption process. First thing every Monday he starts looking for the Steps to TA Chart update online to see where we are located in our wait. He recognizes the different families and celebrates with me when they get to the nest step. Knowing what comes next and how long each step is taking.
He did make me promise I wouldn't make him eat "any of that weird stuff" when we travel to China. I asked E what he was most looking forward to he said, "Joseph and Jewel." Wasn't that the sweetest thing? Not the dumplings, Great Wall, Hong Kong Disney or other tourist attractions. He wants to meet his sister and little brother more than anything. How long do you think he will stay excited once they are home? Sharing is hard for any child to do. He says he will be a great big brother and take care of them and help them, not like his older brother. LOL
I amazed at how much E is involved in bringing home his sister and new brother. If I stop to look at a toy, he discusses the merits in comparison to other toys. He plans sleeping arrangements and tries to look out for every possible need. He has said Joseph can share his bed when Joseph is scared. And when dad is working overnight E has mapped out sleeping plans for everyone in my bed. As far as the actual travel E wants to compare hotels and different choices we make for our itinerary. Is it better to stay closer to the park or closer to the KFC? What size is the room at that hotel compared to the other one in Nanchang? I love that someone else in our family is interested in the details besides me.
D seems to be more interested in changes to the chore charts. "What age is old enough to unload the dishwasher?"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.