Being paper pregnant is just as emotional as when I was pregnant with D & E. I've spent the last months asking women how old their children are to compare their development with ours. It's different, expecting, but knowing exactly what your children will look like. Often tears start with no notice when I'm in the middle of a conversation and say something even vaguely related to the adoptions. Our whole family is over the moon excited. Thank goodness I haven't gained weight like my pregnancies. As a matter of fact I could stand to lose a few pounds and get in better shape before making the trip and parenting a baby and toddler again. But there is still plenty of time, right?
I'm sort of mostly off work on Sundays and Mondays. It struck me hard last weekend. If we travel the first week of November that's ONLY 18 more Sunday's! That's it!!!! Daily it feels like there is plenty of time for preparing to welcome Joseph & Jewel home. But in reality it's only 18 weekends left. And some of those are already committed to other activities. Finish The Great Room Swap, file last years and start this years taxes, bank loan paperwork, catch up on dentist/doctor visits, that's not a lot. Oh wait! Only 18 weekends off to do these things. We better get busy. Is this pregnancy nesting? It seems to me it's just stuff that needs to get done. I'm not repainting any rooms or worrying about decorations on the walls. Just the basics.
LOA is our current waiting step on this long path. Did you realize once we receive LOA we leave for China in 6-8 weeks?

We were LID 5/30 too! Can't wait to see how this all falls into place :)
ReplyDelete