This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Joseph's Care Package

Did you think we forgot Joseph?

Of course not, but I thought he deserved his own post as well. It isn't his birthday until February but I was thinking about him then and wanting to send him something even though we didn't have the paperwork done. It wasn't allowed when I tried since we had not received his pre-approval from China at that time. The powers that be said care packages are only received by children with families coming. If we had sent a package it would have prematurely notified him of his adoption which was not for sure at that time. We have photos of him enjoying another child's cake when he was probably on 2-3 years old. How many cake parties has he been to? He has most likely never had one. The cake parties are part of the western culture and they are only sent by the adopting parents. In China everyone turns one year older on Chinese New Year and there is a huge country wide celebration. This time he will be the child having the cake party. He will be the center of attention. He will get the gifts. We sent his SWI the money to purchase a Celebration cake for him. He may not have know about us before this, but he will now. Along with his cake he will receive a photo album with 20 pictures of our family and home, a Ultraman action figure set (Ultraman is very popular in China),  a stuffed Mama and baby panda and of course a camera that we hope to have returned to us. We also think there is a good chance we will get updated pictures of the cake party. We also wrote a 400 word letter and had it translated for him. We introduced our family, our pets and wrote about the fun times we have. I want him to look forward to our coming for him. I also told him we would most likely be there in November.





I was given photos by an adoptive family of him celebrating with their daughter who was being adopted. We think he was around 2-3 years old at this time. In the adoptive family's country they do not post photos of their children online. I don't think she would have a problem with me posting this one on our blog. I did blur out the other two children's faces for privacy. If you are the mom and want me to remove this photo completely please let me know and I will. But I'm thinking its fine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.