Cool isn't it. Being able to see the exact spot for the drawing on your countries money.
We found out today we will not have to travel with and exchange as much cash as we thought. We can wire the orphanage fee to Jewel's SWI before we travel. It will cost us a little more time at home preparing and money but I think it's worth it. Each SWI fee is 35,000 yuan. With the current exchange rate that's about $5380 at each SWI. Getting to order less brand new bills and have less cash on our person at the airport seems like a good trade for $50 and a trip to a bank or Western Union in Tulsa. Each person is only allowed to take $10,000 in cash out of the US. To avoid any customs questioning we would have had to split the cash between the adults in our group. The boys and I added up the cash we needed to take for fees, touring and food. Its a fairly large and scary amount to carry in cash. The boys are for sure going to be able to go with us and I guess little D might need to carry some cash too. ;-) We applied for their passports last week.
Suitcases are now waiting for the 4 of us. Everyone got to pick out 1 checkable suitcase (max 44#), 1 carry on and 1 backpack for the trip. Luggage is very inexpensive in Guangzhou so if we need to purchase another one there for the trip home we can. I plan to send backpacks and photo albums to Jewel and Joseph with their care packages in July. Those can be used as their carry on bags. Joseph will have his own checked bag allowance, 1 carry on and 1 personal item (backpack). I'm not sure about Jewel's luggage allowance since she will be traveling on a lap child ticket. I know she gets a backpack for sure.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.