This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday Acrobats

Tuesday in Beijing 10-25-11

We didn’t make the most of our time today. Slept late and straightened up the apartment. Without a dryer we need to keep the laundry caught up including time to air dry. Which is very fast I guess because of the dry air. After finally getting around and out the door we took the subway to Olympic Park to visit the science and technology museum. Slight problem. We knew which subway stop but couldn’t find any signs or any English speakers to ask. There were many rickshaw drivers wanting to take us to see the Bird’s Nest and Water Cube. Angela had already warned us that they sometimes take advantage of Americans without guides, so no help there. We needed to met Angela at the acrobat show in two hours and had the hotel write down the address but didn’t know where in town it was. So we decided to bag the Olympic Park and get a taxi to the acrobats. Good thing because it took one hour to get there. Found a late lunch while waiting and went in. We had a few minutes before seating and while I was planning tomorrow with Angela a line formed of people who wanted their pictures with E. Angela verified that is was because the Chinese love children so much that they keep asking him and not the whole family. Little D is cool with that. The smaller number of people asking or not asking him for photos is fine with him. He still gets plenty of unwanted photo attention. After more than a dozen pictures E escaped back to me for protection from his fans. He even had an admirer on the subway of his haircut and was asked to turn around so they could see the back. He says that was creepy and was glad when they exited the subway. The acrobat show was awesome! There is more than one show in Beijing and this one was at the Chow Lang Theater. Turns out its right next to a subway station and we took that home. Wow! Chinese rush hour is still going on at 7pm. We had to transfer to line 10 which Angela had said was the busiest line. The press of people was terrible. I have never been so crowded in my life, ever. We even had to plan in case we got separated where to meet. We did get both of our groups on one train, barely, then two more people squeezed in. Imagine front to back as close as family with total strangers. E had to face the ceiling to get any air to breathe. Only two stops then we transferred to a less crowed line thankfully and off line 10.



 
Speaking of a separation plan, in case you wondered we had Angela write a card for each person that says “I am lost please call and her cell phone number. We check to see that each boy has one in their back pocket every day before we leave the room. If we did lose someone I didn’t want them not knowing what to do or trying to get back to the room on their own while we are searching. Policemen are everywhere and I see cell phone usage just like at home. But E is worried about getting lost and doesn’t wander off much at all. Hard to get lost with all his paparazzi. Which might get much worse in Nanchang where less westerners travel.
 
We checked out the night market. Little D tried a couple of foods before we headed back to the room. Since my bedtime is earlier than everyone else I went right to bed after we bought some groceries and put them away. I love this apartment. I even let housekeeping come this morning, while we were there. And for people who know me that’s a big deal. I absolutely do not like housekeeping touching my stuff. Not worth a made bed to have them in my unattended room moving things. Here though they not only make the bed but wash dishes, mop floor and clean all the bathrooms. Much more through than I have ever seen. 5 stars. But with our adoption fees in the safe they won’t be allowed to come back unless I’m here. No sense in adding another worry.


 
Tomorrow we are going on a trip out of Beijing. We’ve asked Angela to take us to a cave system known as the fairyland of China. I’ll let you know how it goes. Leaving early so no Skype likely, sorry. It will be nice to see some of the countryside. Thursday maybe the Temple of Heaven and Friday time to checkout of the hotel and overnight train to Nanchang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.