This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mundane Monday

As hard as it is to believe life is going on as usual around me. Today I had to work. Imagine trying to think about how many people will need to buy what kinds of dog food over the next month? How can this be a normal day? Didn't the whole world stop once I announced we had our travel approval? But no, ordering and other paperwork continues as normal. On a funny note I heard a couple of customers were in last week stocking up because they heard we would be closed for a month. I'm sure they felt relieved to hear the store would continue to be open normal hours, just without me.

Packing continues up to the moment we load the van I suppose. Hopefully that's normal? Spending months on our packing list was a big help. But the items still needed gathered or bought and put in a bag. The 44# weight limit has not been as challenging as I thought. Packing our suitcases full to bursting, we still have yet to have one weight the limit. I'm going to credit good planning on that too. Our smallest bag has our heaviest stuff and our largest bag the lightest contents. We will however be right at the limits once done.

1 comment:

  1. OMG... the monday after you guys left i felt almost the exact same way.. "how am I the ONLY one who notices that they're gone?!"

    ReplyDelete

Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.