This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Ann and Amanda save the day.
The fellow adoptive mom, Amanda, who will be traveling to Beijing on the same flight had a question. We have been in contact comparing notes and helping each other with travel plans. She asked what we were doing about a power converter and adapter kit? I happened to remember that Ann with redthreadchina had power strips that she could ship to our hotel. No problem, I jumped over there and ordered one delivered to the Lee Garden Serviced Apartments where we are staying. What's the big deal you're thinking? Well, Ann checks your reservation before shipping. What? They don't have a reservation? Expedia assured me our booking was fine. They agreed to call the hotel. What? They don't have a reservation? An hour later and it was resolved. Or was it? Expedia said the hotel fax number was not working correctly. Don't they request some kind of confirmation? I now have a new confirmation number. But I have asked Ann to call back and double check that we are now staying at this hotel. If not for Amanda mentioning the power issue and Ann recently deciding to start selling power strips we would not have had a roof over our heads when we reached Beijing! And if I could have directly booked our rooms I would have. So I guess using a third party is just not the same. Our hotel in Guangzhou was booked directly through the Holiday Inn website so I would assume its good. Our hotel in Nanchang however, is booked through a Chinese travel site many other APs have used. ctrip.com Maybe I should have Ann ship something there as well?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!-end>!-currency>

Have a great trip! I think we left our power strip at Lee Garden...too bad I couldn't have passed it on, LOL. I'm glad all your plans are confirmed and packing is done!
ReplyDelete