Well today we just walked around the area near the hotel with little D wanting to stop and eat at every other store. Oh, Thats not what you want to hear about? How about this!
Warning most pictures were blurry due to the photographer's inexperience.
4 pm
Our guide called from the lobby to say, "Surprise, Baby here early! Coming up in 5 minutes." The director and another man were with the guide and baby Jewel. Her eyes were so big but she didn't cry while they were giving her to us. We had to check a couple pieces of paperwork and the director and assistant left. I did ask some questions and they left her schedule with our guide. Then the guide had us take turns signing our paperwork to turn in tomorrow. They brought absolutlely nothing but a toy and the clothes on her back. Luckily I had brought a just in case bottle and formula. I still remember how to make a bottle in a flash and Xinxin downed a full 8 oz while D was signing paperwork. I sent him and little D to the store to try to find rice cereal to thicken the bottle and her brand of formula and smaller diapers. He forgot the baby food. Jewel's bedtime is supposed to be 7pm but with such a scary day I would have tried to lay her down early. I tried to wait until D got back with supplies. She took a short nap but spent most of the time looking around and then short crying fits. The director said her took her from her foster mom just this morning and drove straight to us. How scary for her. She asks for mama but it is not me she is looking for yet. Some time and she will accept us.

CRYING!!! She is just beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is stunning! Eyes as big as saucers, taking it all in!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI stumbled upon your blog and I'm enjoying reading all about your adventure in China. We are currently paper chasing for a 10 month old little girl who is in the same proviince as Jewel. I am originally from OK. I grew up outside of OKC, but now live in GA.
Congrats on your baby girl. She's beautiful!
Steph
Congrats! So happy everything went well. What a surprise she came early! So nice to hang out with you in Beijing. We're heading to HK tomorrow and then home! I'm so ready...
ReplyDeleteStay in touch!
Amanda