This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No sleep and more no sleep to come

We are suppose to be waiting to match our daughter once we have a LID. I called Meg at CAWLI and told her that even though the last 2-3 months have had very small monthly lists released from China I have a good feeling about tonight (Monday night at 10 pm new list comes) and I wanted her to look at the special focus girls. Newly released special focus kids are normally very few girls, more moderate to severe needs and older. We are wanting to match a girl up to age 4, no minimum age but CCAA doesn't list the kids before 6 months old. I know the needs we are open to are considered by many to be minor and we will most likely be waiting until LID, sometime in May hopefully to match off the June list. She told me not to hold our breath she has 23 families ahead of us waiting on matches. I think because the lists have been so small the last few months she has families waiting since November. I asked her to please just look for us after she had matched the waiting families. I just have a feeling. I know its a long shot and we will most likely we waiting until June or July.

E wouldn't go to sleep until 11 and then D came home at 11:45. I finally got to bed at 12:10. I heard a noise and glanced at my phone and there was an email.

12:11 from CAWLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They locked a file for us to review. They want to know if we want to look at it since she is so much younger than they thought we would prefer. Birthdate of August 2010.

WHAT KIND OF CRAZY PERSON TURNS AWAY THEIR DAUGHTER BECAUSE SHE IS TOO YOUNG!!!!!!!!!
We have 72 hours to make a decision. So sometime Thursday we will need to write our Letter of Intent to Adopt. Due to several various coincidences coming together we don't need anytime to think about it. "Just a feeling" about this list turned into our little girl. I want to shout from the mountain tops and tell every person I meet, strangers are not exempt either.



Let's see. How many ways do we have to know she is ours:

No way a girl this young should ever have been released directly as special focus. Her need is so minor APs lock these files within minutes. A large agency found it's computer unable to lock files. Never has happened in four years. I'm sorry for the other families still waiting and hope they get their matches soon. 23 CAWLI families were in front of us, the fact that she was still waiting for us after Meg matched those other families first and if I hadn't called Meg with "a feeling" she would not have looked for us. 

There was no way I was going back to bed. It made for a long day but bringing her home at 14 months we need to get used to not sleeping again. And diapers and................ I'll post some of her very slim file of achievements later. But she seems right on track for development. These pictures were taken in December and she would have been 4 1/2 months old.  

She will have her own page next week. Tab located at the top of the blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.