Early morning around our house. I was up at 4:30 and out the door by 5:30. Yes, thats AM. D and I arrived at the USCIS office in OKC at 7:45. The website said they opened at 7:30 and D wanted to be the first ones there. Two other groups were waiting in line before us and we discovered the office didn't open until 8am. I was worried that we wouldn't be allowed inside. The security is super tight. Only one group is allowed inside the doors at a time and only the people with appointment papers are allowed to try to get security scanned. The security officer called the fingerprint office and told them we couldn't come on our appointment date and someone had told told me we could walk in. After some discussion of who told me that, (thanks to my online friends) they said we could wait in the lobby. "If they don't have time by 4pm you will have to come back." Settle in for the long wait. At 10:30 a very nice employee came by and said they hadn't forgotten about us. Soon we were taken back and the fingerprinting began. D's were done in no time but mine were redone over and over. Even though I had been using lotion and avoiding all chemicals my prints didn't want to do well.
We won't know if either of our prints passed until the main USCIS office over adoptions assigns us an officer. I might be taking a trip back to OKC alone.
This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.
Friday, March 18, 2011
Department of Homeland Security
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!-end>!-currency>


No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.