We are a happy family. I think. Not poor, not rich. Just average working stiffs that like to watch to much TV and eat way way to much food that's not good for us. As will show in the pictures I'm sure.
My husband has been my best friend for almost 18 years. As I'm sure most of you know when we decided to start our family there were a few hurdles. Those unfortunately have become more common, or at least more commonly talked about in the general public. We were one of the lucky ones. After a number of doctor visits and a long 9 months we had our first. What I thought would probably be our only. LOL In the midst of enjoying our 1 year old, surprise! Our next son born when his brother was 2 1/4 years old. New challenges to keep life interesting.
But this story is not about those early years.
I had assumed son #1 would be a girl. NO I assumed son #2 would be a girl. NO
Already disobeying before birth. Very foretelling.
I guess if I want a girl I'll have to go find her myself!!!
I have never known anyone my age who adopted. Or who was adopted. Its just not very common here I suppose. But I heard it mentioned on TV. Referenced in a book. Never gave it much thought but a hum, interesting. And moved on with my life. The years go by. We open our own business. Busy? You bet.
Early in 2008 adoption is more on my mind. No, not because of celebrities. I have never been one to follow their lives or their paths. It becomes like the beginning, 1996. I see babies. Worry, think, cry. But I don't tell anyone. Its crazy. Our lives are just becoming stable again after the business startup. The kids are doing well. Don't rock the boat. I maybe mention it to DH when we watch the news if its an adoption story. Feeling him out. Nothing. Need to stop thinking about it. And I do, mostly......

No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.