This site is designed to share information about our family adoption journey to China. Posts are added most recent on top. If you have never read our blog it is best to use the archives on the side to go to the oldest month first and scroll to the bottom to read the oldest posts first.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

COC

When the children touched US soil they became US citizens. With all the rights and responsibilities that includes. For those of you who have asked, they will not receive green cards or other immigration paperwork simply because they are considered citizens. One of the long waits for USCIS paperwork included the appropriate applications. Today we received one of the most important documents. Their COCs, Certificate of Citizenship. With these fancy certificates they can get social security numbers and be recognized as citizens. Previously if both parents did not travel this step was much more difficult and had to be completed once home.

Luckily the government did streamline this part of the process. And for that I an grateful. It's been busy having two young children in the house again. I don't believe Joseph will be attending pre-k this year after all and we will instead be able to concentrate on blending together and learning English. Jewel stood without any help or holding on to anything this week. I still think she may take her first steps on Christmas. It's been her own miracle that after being so physically delayed she has made such strides in her crawling development. Only 7 weeks ago she couldn't even sit up. With no motivation there she lay in a crib all day just sleeping and watching the world around her. Now she is mobile and wants to know everything that goes on around her.

At her 1 month checkup this week she has gained 3 pounds. That's a 17% weight gain in only 1 month. She and Joseph both love to eat any vegetable. Although she is limited by her lack chewing ability. Once she gets more teeth I can tell she is after those raw carrots. A favorite food is broccoli. I steamed a bag of cauliflower and broccoli and the kids just split it in two and didn't leave any leftovers. That's one aspect of their previous life I would like to retain. Jewel is also learning the fun of finger foods. Mostly we still feed her. But her pincher fingers now understand about getting Cheerios and broccoli picked up and into her mouth. I have been shopping at the Asian market for noodle bowls still. Ramen noodles may look the same but obviously do not taste the same to either child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.