Sunday 11-6-11
I’m not exactly sure what’s with 9:30am but that’s what time Helen always wants to pick us up. Today we planned a trip to the Safari Park I had heard so much about. The drive was about 45 minutes from the Holiday Inn Shifu. The park does not allow any outside food or drinks and they check your bags. We lucked out because ours was hanging on the back of the stroller and just looked like part of it. So the littles got to keep their snacks.
It was a nice zoo park with a drive through section we took a train through. The walk through section was also fun. Our group was supposed to meet at a certain entrance 3 hours after the train ride. You know how hot it is in Florida in the summer? This was just as bad. I felt like I could almost drink the air. Yesterday while on the island I managed to find some short sleeve shirts for both littles and I was so glad today. Little D was talking about finding some scissors to make cut offs from his jeans. Despite the heat everyone had a good time. Little D, E and I even got to pet a Koala bear! He felt like a stuffed animal with a kind of scratchy fur. One the way home Jewel fell asleep holding Little D’s Koala hat.
After a rest in the room we headed out to the pedestrian street to find some dinner. A Pizza Hut was spotted but E was afraid to eat there after the bad pizza at Lucy’s. I told him I had spoken to another family at the medical exam who said it was good and he reluctantly agreed. Then he proceeded to eat 2 people’s shares before anyone noticed and stopped him. You can tell he had been missing his pizza. We listed what we missed most and our pets, washer/dryer and the ability to drive to wherever you want topped the list. As well as several different USA restaurants.
We have stumbled on a great fix for the littles. Every night after dinner we fix them a instant noodle bowl. Yum. I am however sick of noodles. Or at least that kind. I’ll have to go to the Chinese market to see what brands they carry. The noodles look like ramen noodles but don’t taste like them.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Nice comments are appreciated. Comments do not show up on our blog until after I have read them to prevent spam and hateful messages.